July 26, 2010

French.


As much as how I want to learn Japanese Language,
I wish to learn some French words too,
Yeah, I know it's kinda hard to learn French as which was told by a friend of mine.
Well, what I think is this;

If you ain't no interest to even learn any language,
Then of course you'll never master it, or even couldn't learn a bit of it.
I've huge passion to learn foreign languages.
Any will do, be it Arabic or Greek also I don't mind.
Language is fun to learn don't you think so?
I wish Malaysia could have establish an Inter-Cultural Language Center for Malaysian Students and get the diploma or degree in any foreign language.
Make a course of out it man, I'm sure it'll help Malaysia's economy and trade level.
You know it'll too help boosting the tourism industry, education industry, service industry and so on.
Then the next generation will have more opportunities, like getting a satisfactory job even if their mathematical or geography or physic or history subject is bad, at very least they will know how to speak in few languages.

My English is poor too.
But that doesn't stop me from keep learning and reading more English books.
In fact, just reading will help little.
You need to speak and converse the language with other people, then only you'll improve and get to be more confident.
Yeah, I know some or most people are A-holes.
Which means they only think with their other parts of body.
(Laugh with me, will ya?)
These people like to make fun of our faults but heck, they do make faults too.
They're trying to hide their low self-esteem by laughing and poking fun of the other poor people, poor as in educational level or anything you can imagine of.

I hated English when I was in elementary school.
But I came to love English and forced myself to learn it because of few reasons.
One of it was because, I didn't want to get belittled by the English speakers.
And all of my close friends converse well in English.
I didn't want people to think I'm brainless, stupid or a useless troublemaker.
I wanted to be a novelist, you see. Still want to.
And I love to day dream, then write out from my imaginary.
I often stare at nothing and space out because that's when I'm thinking of any fantasy, romantic and dumb and goosebumps story.
I don't know how to explain it.
Word is magic.
A word means a lot of things.
It's powerful yet tender, depends how you use it.
Hehee, it's definitely not tender, when I curse or swear.
Though so,
I'm the kind of person who doesn't know how to use word much.
Barely everyone could understood what I said or trying to say.
Which makes me a weirdo and I'm happy to be a weirdo.
Mwuaha.

Here a few confusing French words that I love to use rapidly,
- ma chere/cherie
- mon cher/cheri


"ma chère" and "mon cher" can be used with friends, alone or with other words ("ma chère amie", "mon cher ami" or "mon cher John")

"ma belle" is often a male way to address women, but jokingly if you're talking to female friends... if you address an not-well-known woman, it can be used to flirt the old-fashioned way (elvis presley style), for instance

"mon beau" is not used in french at all

finally, "ma chérie" and "mon chéri" are both used in french, but if the two people are in couple, i.e. if they are a lot more than friends

you can use "ma chérie" with female friends, especially if you're a woman (or jokingly if you're a man, and that is to be a close female friend), but "mon chéri" is very inappropriate with male friends, especially if you're a man
 
-credit to some website which I've forgotten the link/website-



(mon cheri)  
A term of endearment used for a male sweetheart.


Me: I adore you, mon cheri.
My boyfriend: I love you back, mon cheri.
Me: No, mon cheri, I cannot be your "mon cheri."
My boyfriend: Why not, mon cheri?
Me: Because I am a woman, mon cheri.
My boyfriend: What are you then, mon cheri?
Me: You need to call me "ma cherie" because I am female.
My boyfriend: You are so smart, ma cherie.
Me: And you make me delirious in bed, mon cheri.

-credit to someone who posted it at Urban Dictonary-


Alright,
I need to go off now,
Almost everyday I will read a downloaded fiction novel in pdf/html/lit format or few e-books with my cellphone.
Yeap, I don't buy books (I've mentioned many times) because I couldn't afford to buy books and what's more that my room has no space left for books......


Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment